Friday 23 December 2011

It wasn't me...


It wasn't me, it was Ducati: my earlier post doubting their first ever desmo racer not only won its first race, but that rider Degli Antonio lapped the entire field was based on research prompted by a book (quoted on the Ducati website!) saying the win was mere seconds. Thanks to Swedish subscriber Anders I got in touch with the guy (pictured) who the book said came second - he didn't, he DNF'd and the "lapped the whole field" tale is true. Full story in Benzina #7, which I'm now miles behind with (largely due to chasing up this story!) but will get out late January...I hope. This also explains (along with Dr Girlie Nice-Smile's flu)why I didn't send any cards or post here for a fortnight. Sorry and Happy Christmas to all

No comments:

Post a Comment