Tuesday 28 September 2010

Bike-curious

Scooters: thought I hated them, now not so sure. I rode a hand-change antique years ago, and the twitchy mini-wheeled madness mixed with a lack of substance between my knees (I'm talking scooter-riding here) scared me. Stir in Quadrophenia (watched because - bizarrely- the support film was a Kenny Robert's documentary) and I'd made my mind up.


But the years do weird things, especially when you don't knock round with a bunch of Brit-riding proto-greasers anymore. Audrey Hepburn in Roman holiday, the fun sports moped riders have, and the scooters on the giro have made me wonder if I was wrong. Then I see the fun the modern-Mods were having at Goodwood (versus bored looking Rockers who clearly were the original Ace Cafe crowd) and I think I might have missed a trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment